Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

Results are In :)

Greetings Everyone!


Sorry I wasn't here for a bit. Right after we got the results and everything I had some doctor's appointments and things that kept me busy and out of commission for a bit. I had a LOT of dental work done. I am still recovering... but I can actually eat some food now, well as long as it is soft lol.


Anyhow Ryan's results are in..... We got some bad news and some good news!


So I will say the good news first.... They said Ryan's scans have no active cancer and so He is in preliminary remission again!!! I am sooo thankful and relieved! They will continue to do scans as He is not out of the woods yet. We are back to waiting the five years starting now. Which sucks being We had almost two years gone already since He was first diagnosed. But We will celebrate his results and live for today.


The bad news: Ryan was told that they thought He might have a benign tumor in his pituitary gland. Benign because it didn't show up on the scans. They have been checking his hormones and he has some that are a little elevated and one that is very low. So they are doing more testing. His doctor sent him to an Endocrinologist. Who is doing more tests but thinks there is something else going on and He doesn't have a tumor there. So that is good news in a round about way lol


He went to the Endocrinologist and was told they think he has what is called water diabetes. He doesn't have issues with sugar. But his body isn't keeping fluids in. He already drinks a gallon of water every day and now they want him to double up on fluids. His condition can turn really bad if he got sick and got dehydrated. We will be finding out more about all of this in the next few weeks. They are also concerned with his thyroid. So they are keeping us very busy!


I hope to be able to be back online a bit more often. But with summer coming I know I will be busy out of the house too. Ryan may not get a second chance and We want to spend time doing all the fun things You can do during the summer that we have not been able to do in the last two years. Including camping and fishing and swimming. Living in Minnesota and having all of those things available all summer long will be a great way to spend time together. Out of the house! Since during the winter we are home bound for the most part. (Other than doctors appointments that is lol)


I hope You have a wonderful summer too! I will be in and out as I said :)


Hugs!


Amanda




No comments:

Post a Comment